enhanced version of dd for forensics and security
Based on the dd program with the following additional features:
- Hashing on-the-fly, dcfldd can hash the input data as it is being
transferred, helping to ensure data integrity.
- Status output, dcfldd can update the user of its progress in terms of the
amount of data transferred and how much longer operation will take.
- Flexible disk wipes, dcfldd can be used to wipe disks quickly and with a
known pattern if desired.
- Image/wipe Verify, dcfldd can verify that a target drive is a bit-for-bit
match of the specified input file or pattern.
- Multiple outputs, dcfldd can output to multiple files or disks at the same
- Split output, dcfldd can split output to multiple files with more
configurability than the split command.
- Piped output and logs, dcfldd can send all its log data and output to
commands as well as files natively.
Generated by Doxygen 1.6.0 Back to index